Rugby contacts in France

Advertise your CH sporting club and societies, regional Old Blues clubs, reunions and Old Blue events

Moderator: Moderators

Jill Coote
2nd Former

Rugby contacts in France

Post by Jill Coote »

I have an 18 year old son hoping to play some rugby in France as part of his Gap Year next year.
He is currently playing for Wasps Academy, and is schoolboy Divisional standard, looking to play at good club level. Does anyone know anyone who may be able to help?
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Perhaps sejintenej can help. He has a place near Mirepoix (south of Toulouse) which is not only in the rugby heartland but is also a lovely part of the world. He might have some contacts.

Mirepoix itself certainly has a club, and there are plenty of clubs nearby playing to differing standards, from village clubs, larger town-based clubs such as Pamiers, Foix, Lavelanet etc., and of course Stade Toulousain themselves are not too far away.

I played for Pamiers for one season some years back, but unfortunately I no longer have any contacts at the club.

If your son plays for Wasps Academy, then Wasps themselves should be able to help, as they must have plenty of good contacts in France.

Have a look at this link, too :

http://www.ffr.fr/index.php/ffr/rugby_f ... _pratiquer

By clicking on a region you can get to details of the regional committee (with contact details) and a complete list of clubs, again with contact details and information about the various competitions in which they take part.

One word of warning - if he ends up at a good club and immerses himself in the lifestyle of Southern France he may well not want to come back!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Richard Ruck wrote:Perhaps sejintenej can help. He has a place near Mirepoix (south of Toulouse) which is not only in the rugby heartland but is also a lovely part of the world. He might have some contacts.

Mirepoix itself certainly has a club, and there are plenty of clubs nearby playing to differing standards, from village clubs, larger town-based clubs such as Pamiers, Foix, Lavelanet etc., and of course Stade Toulousain themselves are not too far away.
Sorry for the delay - been away. AFAIK Mirepoix and the two local villages are soccer territory - I don't have any rugby contacts who would be of any use.

(We do have a bloke in the bar who used to play for les bleus - ex personal bodyguard to the President, each hand about twice the size of my head, maybe 6 foot 8 and 25 stone - nobody dares shake hands with him!)
Richard Ruck wrote:If your son plays for Wasps Academy, then Wasps themselves should be able to help, as they must have plenty of good contacts in France.

Have a look at this link, too :

http://www.ffr.fr/index.php/ffr/rugby_f ... _pratiquer

One word of warning - if he ends up at a good club and immerses himself in the lifestyle of Southern France he may well not want to come back!
Too true!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

A few ideas so since taken to pm - if Jill sees the marker at the top of the Index page
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

David, here's a link to Mirepoix's club:

http://rcmxv.blog4ever.com/blog/index-6035.html

Perhaps you might recognise some of the faces!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Richard Ruck wrote:David, here's a link to Mirepoix's club:

http://rcmxv.blog4ever.com/blog/index-6035.html

Perhaps you might recognise some of the faces!
When I saw the name I thought perhaps it was the club which won the Ariege championship 2 years ago and which I had thoughtb was soccer. That said I don't recognise any faces, nor names of committee members stated and the bar scenes are not "le Rumat" which is a major club supporter.

I notice they have some nice smileys - I tried to download one just for Amy but it wouldn't work - sorry Amy, no cuddly teddy bear today

David