Letter to the Head Master

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Letter to the Head Master

Post by J.R. »

Approaching the BBC (EDIT: This was meant to say BSB) sounds a very good idea to me.

It would be very interesting to know their reaction given the subject for the request.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:49 am Approaching the BBC sounds a very good idea to me.

It would be very interesting to know their reaction given the subject for the request.
Softlee softlee catchee monkey. I would start to involve the BBC, ITV etc. only if we suspect that the school is dragging it's feet; going in with all guns blazing is likely to have them bring up the barriers and make life even more difficult.
Monday is one helluva way to spend one-seventh of your life.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I meant B S B. Not BBC.

Bl**dy predictive text.

On the other hand, though..... (Thinks...)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
LHA
Deputy Grecian

Post by LHA »

Richard - over two years ago now - did you ever receive a reply to this letter?
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

Any update on this letter? I don't know how I missed it back in 2018 but it is the kind of letter I have been keen to write for some time, especially the points about Webb's dismissal and Baker's letter.
Barnes B / Mid A
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Today's "message from the Head Teacher" concludes:
In the immediate future, and in the specific context of the ‘Everyone’s Invited’ awareness-raising campaign, the School is aware that Old Blues may have issues that they wish to address relating to their time at CH. Anyone who would like to have a conversation should be in touch. With this in mind, please do contact the School by emailing hmsec@christs-hospital.org.uk. We are here to support you.

The Head Teacher cannot not be aware of the estimate of 100 Old Blues in that category most of whom have not "come out". Given that fact how can they write Old Blues MAY have issues . Given the apparent outcome of discussions to date I have to wonder at the ultimate phrase.
Monday is one helluva way to spend one-seventh of your life.