Management knowledge of the Husband/Dobbie cases

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Management knowledge of the Husband/Dobbie cases

Post by Golfer »

I'm getting fed up with blanket condemnations by new posters on this forum of the management in the Husband/Dobbie cases, often as a result of innuendo from existing posters.

I feel that many posters are conflating the Karim case (where most people here believe there were glaring errors, based on Poulton's "soft" line because Karim was an Old Blue) with the Husband/Dobbie cases.

I haven't read a single piece of evidence either in the press or on this forum that the management knew anything of the Husband/Dobbie cases. Did they even get called on to give evidence in court? If not then that suggests they may not have known anything.

Once Poulton knew of Husband's consensual affair with a sixth form girl (which was not illegal at the time) he was dismissed.

I am happy to be proved wrong, but not happy that casual condemnation of the CH management comes without any evidence.

My own belief in the strength of modern safeguarding is that it secures the link between the lowliest member of staff, including non-academic staff, and the management. And most importantly between the pupil body and the management. This last link is crucial and has been established by most schools, including CH, creating peer support groups from the pupil body, whose job it is to report concerns to management. But this is a fairly recent development nationally, as it is at CH.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Re: Management knowledge of the Husband/Dobbie cases

Post by richardb »

From information share with me, I am quite satisfied that they knew.

I do not intend to share that information with you although in the fullness of time it will come out.
KerryKidd
2nd Former

Post by KerryKidd »

My understanding is that one of them was a witness for the prosecution.
That of course does not mean anything as this could have simply related to the circumstances which led to his dismissal.
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

Quite,
It would have been obvious to call Poulton to get evidence about the circumstances of his dismissal.

But did he or Cairncross know of the criminal activity?
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Names were mentioned yesterday although they may not have been staff (I am out of date).

What was said yesterday is that Husband was "encouraged to resign". That is not the same as Poulton sacking him.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Golfer wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 pm Quite,
It would have been obvious to call Poulton to get evidence about the circumstances of his dismissal.

But did he or Cairncross know of the criminal activity?
Are you saying that you know for sure that Poulton gave evidence at the trial of Husband and Dobbie ?
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

No. I asked you that in a PM and you did not reply.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

I have never had a PM from you.
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

richardb wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:46 pm From information share with me, I am quite satisfied that they knew.

I do not intend to share that information with you although in the fullness of time it will come out.
I look forward to this. In the meantime perhaps the rest of us can confine ourselves to the facts that we actually know?
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

Once Poulton knew of Husband's consensual affair with a sixth form girl (which was not illegal at the time) he was dismissed.
Would that be the "consensual affair" for which Husband was just sentenced to 17 years? The child he groomed for years before she had just turned 16 before then raping her? Probably not too serious then.

And Dobbie ... is he the paedophile who was waved on to continue his activities elsewhere for a further fifteen years?
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

richardb wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 pm I have never had a PM from you.
That's the trouble with cheap systems. Remind me to make a contribution to Julian.
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

yamaha wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 pm Would that be the "consensual affair" for which Husband was just sentenced to 17 years? The child he groomed for years before she had just turned 16 before then raping her?
No. Check the records again. As we all should before posting.
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

"Management knowledge" ... sounds like the excuses bankers have been making in the wake their economic destruction.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Golfer wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:03 pm
richardb wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:46 pm From information share with me, I am quite satisfied that they knew.

I look forward to this. In the meantime perhaps the rest of us can confine ourselves to the facts that we actually know?
I would be very careful not to. What is in the public domain is very limited and at the present should stay that way.

It would also help if you stop beating on that there is no evidence when ther actually is. Your problem is that no one has told you what it is.

What I would be interested in knowing is how Husband was able to groom his victim for three years without anyone having the slightest suspicion. He was able to take her to all manner of places - the DIY shop, Albi (where Dobie has a flat) and Dorset - yet no one thought he might be showing her favourtism. He was able to have a sexual realtionship with another pupil and there is a lot of evidence that there were other girls. And yet not one single teacher thought anything was amiss ?
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Golfer wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:05 pm
richardb wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 pm I have never had a PM from you.
That's the trouble with cheap systems. Remind me to make a contribution to Julian.
Feel free to post your PM here.

Try to resist the cheap shots. You should be able to do better.