Freemasons and questions to answer

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

bakunin
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Freemasons and questions to answer

Post by bakunin »

peter2095 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:01 pm I also love how much power people think that the masons have and the conspiracies that they are involved in.
There's a lot of insane conspiracy theories out there, but it is true that Masonic lodges have been involved in various plots in the last 3 centuries.

Two relatively recent ones that are heavily supported by evidence:

Propaganda Due, that included Silvio Berlusconi carried out multiple terrorist bombing attacks, framing communists for the deaths, and was poised to orchestrate a coup and bring Italy under a renewed fascist dictatorship - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due

And the Swiss/French/Quebecois suicide cult, Order of the Solar Temple, was founded by rogue masons and incorporated masonic rituals into their weird Templar cult - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Solar_Temple

In the 1700s/1800s Masonic organisations did plot to overthrow the monarchies of Europe, a noble goal for once. Many of the US founding fathers were Masons. Here in America Masons are weirdly open and public about their events, they seemed a little more covert in the UK.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Can anyone shed any light on whether any of the attendees at the cycling shorts parties were masons?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

richardb wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:38 pm Can anyone shed any light on whether any of the attendees at the cycling shorts parties were masons?

Nice one Richard !!

I believe it may have been possible, but only if they wore aprons as well :roll:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

richardb wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 1:38 pm Can anyone shed any light on whether any of the attendees at the cycling shorts parties were masons?
Well, not sure about which meeting but:
- My wife is into WHITE lycra shorts on men, especially when in a group going uphill seen from behind.
- I have been known to wear shorts, even white ones and even attended parties in shorts
- I have built walls out of bricks and blocks - which makes me a mason?
- I definitely DO wear an apron when at work in the kitchen
- having owned a (small) forest I was once invited to join The International Order of Foresters. Does that count?
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Er.... No.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

richardb wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:01 pmEr.... No.
ROTFL
the "er" made me realise that you had to think hard about that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock:
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I've just burnt me pinny and rolled me trouser leg down.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.