"More than a Brother" A H Buck and Edmund Blunden

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Pe.A
Deputy Grecian

Re: "More than a Brother" A H Buck and Edmund Blunden

Post by Pe.A »

bakunin wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:03 am
Pe.A wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:21 pm Having said that though, considering the girls had only been there a short time, can you imagine if one of them had fallen pregnant...? The rules werent perfect, but the potential alternatives would have been worse. Surely...?
I don't know what the ideal solution is, but in general I believe one should be more lenient towards children than towards adults. I'm not surprised at this policy, it was pretty standard for boarding schools at the time. What I am appalled by is Poulton's leniency towards the much worse crimes committed by adults.
Its a tricky one. Its easier to denying wrongdoing to management for 'inappropriate behaviour' reports filtering through in first instances, than a pupil being caught with this breeches down in his study with his gf by a housemaster/tutor walking in.