Dates of birth of convicted abusers

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Dates of birth of convicted abusers

Post by sejintenej »

Foureyes wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:31 am I find some of these posts way, way over the top.
First, lack of care. I was in Lamb B 1949-55. In about 1951-2 (I forget the exact year) my parents underwent a 'judicial separation'. It was extremely acrimonious. The original news of the split was passed on to me by my senior housemaster - TE Archbold - who not only described the situation between my parents but also explained the meaning of 'judicial separation', a term then totally unknown to me. He told me - and I recall his exact words - that at any time I wanted he would be available to act as an 'emotional waste paperbasket'.
David. In November 1960 I had an equivalent experience though I think perhaps CH / Archibold handled your situation very well.

There had been a fight in dining hall after lunch and I was the Trades Mon in charge. Off my own bat I had taken one of the boys to the sicker (not allowed without Matron's permission) and on return was summoned to Kit's study.
I was a bit nervous because of the fight and going to the sicker - both forbidden. However, going in Kit's words were about
"David. Your mother died this morning. Your "aunt" doesn't want you so you will be living with Mr and Mrs B..... Mr B..... will be coming this afternoon to collect you. You are listed for playing rugger this afternoon but you can choose to miss it. You can stay in here if you wish"- and he left his study. This made me an orphan.

I already knew the B.... family extremely well and he had done several things for me off his own bat though the change in lifestyle would be a massive change (suit and tie for three course dinner promptly at 7.45 pm after a cocktail is an example.) However I don't know if Kit knew the first thing about the B.... family or their suitability. Certainly Social Services were not involved and there was never any legal relationship instituted.

When I returned to school a week later neither Kit nor anyone in the house mentioned my absence but Rev Pullen did suggest that I could go and speak to him if I wished. I didn't trust the man - he never did anything to me in the current trials concept - but I always wondered when he would try it on.

Looking back, even in the following days, I don't know how the school could have handled it much better.

Going back to your comments about the CCF and the Russians dropping an H bomb the training after Cert A (or whatever acronym they gave it) made far more sense - the Civil Defence section was designed specifically for the aftermath of a nuclear attack. and actually made sense.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!