Agenda for meeting on 13th Sept & statements

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

Agenda for meeting on 13th Sept & statements

Post by robert totterdell »

Hi All

I think that I told you all that there will be a further meeting with the Redress Committee of CH on 13th September.

I am unable to give you the agenda which I have set just yet as it needs to go to CH first. Within it there are a substantial number of questions and you will see all of this in due course.

I have included as many items as you have provided, many of which are similar.

This is a very important meeting and will cover a lot of ground.

To help I ask that if you have a thought or comment that you wish to ne made , you send me either a PM or contact me on [Email removed as obsolete - please contact via Private Message]

No names will be given. But I need to be able to make quotes or read statements (provided short) to back up on how OBs view this all.

I will provide the Topics of the agenda within 2 hours.

Thanks

Rob
robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Agenda for meeting on 13th Sept & statements

Post by robert totterdell »

OK so not two hours:

These are the topics to be discussed - you'll get full details about one minute after I have passed them to CH! That should actually be by Wednesday next.

UNDERSTANDING

COMMUNICATION

PAST SAFEGUARDING:

Responsibilities

Employment & Dismissal

Head Masters (Teachers)

The Chaplaincy

KNOWLEDGE

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

SUPPORT & COMMITMENT

RECONCILIATION

Wait until you see the questions as they are very detailed!

Take care all

Rob - oh Dazed & Confused I've used this (without reference to you) in one of the topics - it just sort of summed things up - sorry!
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

An interesting couple of hours with the wrongly names Redress Committee who do not understand that where the behaviour of staff has damaged people that it should pay for the consequential medical treatment.

The school's insurers appear to have accepted responsibility but are trying to beat down the cost of treatment, by up to 80%.

The school is resistant because of some nonsense about charitable funds. If the school hadn't been insured, the whole lot would have come out of charitable funds so they should just get on and do the honourable thing.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

So a bit of a wasted trip than, Richard ?

I look forward to many texts over the weekend for me to mull over.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Chris Grady
2nd Former

Post by Chris Grady »

Immense thanks to Robert, as always, for gathering a phenomenal amount of information and questions. Many of them were covered in emails, responses, and a pre-meeting. It was so good to have new faces round the table observing and engaging with the discussion.

This Forum is so helpful to gather information. Thank you. I have not been to it very much. I am now going to spend a little time trying to join some dots between the movement of some of the guilty staff and other schools where cases have been brought. My reason is very simple. It is to be able to feel that there is no-one still out there, working with young boys and girls, who may be abusing or likely to aid other abusers now and into the future.

I asked at the meeting "what can you do now to ensure, to the best of your abilities, to ensure that they (any continuing abusers or groomers) are stopped". The you was addressed to CH and all those around the table. But I change that question to "what can I do" as a quiet googler and supporter as needed of Robert and his work.

I have heard tiny amounts of the pain voiced by various victims, now my age and older. I can't know what it was like or what they have lived with in silence over years. I don't want to hear any more stories of abuse which haven't happened yet, which could be stopped by putting key people out of harm's way.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

J.R. wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:43 am So a bit of a wasted trip than, Richard ?

I look forward to many texts over the weekend for me to mull over.
Not wasted JR but the school still has lessons to learn.

I was a little surprised to hear a banker pontificating (wrongly) about the intricacies of charity law. The school should just do the honourable thing.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

First, Chris. Welcome to the Forum. I think we all look forward to anything you can contribute on any subject remotely related to CH (even the proposal by Labour to outlaw it). I hope that you have been able to profit by your years there.
Chris Grady wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:45 am Immense thanks to Robert, as always, for gathering a phenomenal amount of information and questions. Many of them were covered in emails, responses, and a pre-meeting.
Echoed
I asked at the meeting "what can you do now to ensure, to the best of your abilities, to ensure that they (any continuing abusers or groomers) are stopped". The you was addressed to CH and all those around the table. But I change that question to "what can I do" as a quiet googler and supporter as needed of Robert and his work.
An important rider to all that has been written and spoken. Fully supported
I don't want to hear any more stories of abuse which haven't happened yet, which could be stopped by putting key people out of harm's way.
which is the intention of all the present comings and goings. Unfortunately, despite learning history, people forget so the entire way of thinking nationwide HAS to be changed for all time just as pressure has allowed same sex partnerships to be acceptable.

Incidentally, sorry to disappoint, rockfreak, richardb's comment didn't refer to me!!!!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

sejintenej wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:33 pm Incidentally, sorry to disappoint, rockfreak, richardb's comment didn't refer to me!!!!
Did you want it to ? :D