An Appeal

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

robert totterdell
GE (Great Erasmus)

An Appeal

Post by robert totterdell »

Dear All

In 2000 a victim came forward and made an official complaint to Horsham police concerning a master. He was told to go away or as I would prefer to say F... O.. !

In December 2016 he came forward again but this time used the BBC.

His evidence was held on file but no prosecution was made.

It was not until in 2017 when two others came forward independently that finally the abuser was arrested.

In other cases one of the victims endured two trials and quite appalling cross examination.

So why on earth would anyone want to come forward or even give evidence? I do not have an answer - if I could go through this all again I would not come forward other than my conscious would make me.

Some of us are trying to organise some sort of Reconciliation with the school and this is supported by them.

Part of this procedure is to get to the Truth. The Truth will lead to Understanding and that will enable Reconciliation - we are making good progress.

But I ask all of you - OB, ex teacher or any other to please say something if you HONESTLY know something. No tittle tattle just the truth.

You can contact me or the school or the police.

I ask this because if the situation is allowed to rumble on it will just damage lives and the school.

This is your chance to say something - I have been open and honest, I suspect some of you need to do the same.

Many thanks

Rob - I'll get told off for suggesting the F & O words!
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: An Appeal

Post by jtaylor »

I fully support Rob in encouraging those with any information to come forward. Everything I’ve heard has helped me believe that the police team will be caring, supportive and empathetic.
Sussex police can be reached on 01273 470101.
Given the nature of what could be raised, PLEASE don’t publish anything here, as this could be a problem for any potential cases - so I’m locking this topic, but purely to ensure we don’t end up with gossip here.

Hope that’s ok with everyone.

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.