Webb guilty. Again.

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

richardb
Forum Moderator

Webb guilty. Again.

Post by richardb »

Peter John Herbert Webb was convicted today of three further offences and sentenced to a further 12 months imprisonment.

Well done that man.
LHA
Deputy Grecian

Re: Webb guilty. Again.

Post by LHA »

Is three trials for offences at the same school some sort of record?

12 months seems a very short sentence
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Just to try to explain this.

Webb was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment in 2015 for offences against one victim. I believe that he pleaded guilty.

He was sentenced in 2017 for offences against four victims. He pleaded guilty and his sentence was eventually five and a half years.

He has been sentenced today for offences against one victim. That was 12 months.

The question that the judge had to decide today was what the appropriate overall sentence was for offences against six victims where he had pleaded guilty to offences against five of them.

Taken in isolation, the sentences already served approximates to nine and a half years imprisonment if he had been convicted after trial.

Add today sentence and it is around ten and a half years in total for six victims, albeit guilty pleas means he only serves 8 years. Allowing for early release he will have spent 4 years in prison.

I agree that today’s sentence is low. But it isn’t a question of starting afresh I am afraid. The judge had to decide what difference today’s convictions would have made to the overall total of the earlier sentences. She concluded that it would have been 12 months imprisonment.

I think that it should have been 18-24 months.
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Post by Spoonbill »

Are you up for being a judge yourself, Richard? Or would that mess up your plans to retire to sunny North Korea next year and play table tennis with Kim Jong-un once a week?
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

No chance Spoony. Not my thing.