This country is going mad !!!!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

This country is going mad !!!!!!

Post by J.R. »

John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: This country is going mad !!!!!!

Post by J.R. »

......... and just in case you thought THAT was silly !

http://uk.news.yahoo...ex-a7ad41d.html
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

John,

your second link doesn't work.

Agree with you that, on the face of it, the first one seems a bit stupid.

Still I suppose a conviction is not to be sneezed at .....
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:John,

your second link doesn't work.

Agree with you that, on the face of it, the first one seems a bit stupid.

Still I suppose a conviction is not to be sneezed at .....

I'll go back to my footy site where I got it from and see what's what.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

wouldn't happen in Finland... we're all triple glazed :shock: :D :) :D :) :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by mvgrogan on Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Still too much inteference
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

I see that one of ther complainants was a Newcastle letter carrier. Does that mean that packets and parcels are not delivered by the Post Office in Washington/Newcastle. Sounds about right for the Royal Mail or whatever they call themselves.

My own view is that it is all a case of jealousy that the woman was enjoying herself
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

The noisy sex story has been on the BBC website now, for some time. It appears that the two involved really are Very Noisy, and they do disturb their neighbours, who have had enough of the disturbance. This has hit the News now, but has been going on for years and the couple had been issued with ASBO's which they have ignored. I do have a tad of sympathy... I once lived temporarily in a flat which was half of an attic of an ancient building. The dividing wall must have been pretty thin. I used to get somewhat embarrassed by the nightly noises from the other side of it!

In terms of the Country going mad, did you see of the NHS recruitment officer who was castigated for trying to advertise a job via her local jobcentre, for an employee who would be hardworking and conscientious? This was denied, because it discriminated against lazy employees.....
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

It's getting worse, you may remember some months ago, two policemen were castigated for not trying to rescue a young boy who'd fallen into a pond as they hadn't had the appropriate training to deal with a child in a pond and I, along with several million other people I suspect, foamed at the mouth at the stupidity and weakness dispalyed by these supposed community protectors. Now I find myself raging again but this time against the Mother of a 26 year old man who is complaining that health and safety jobsworth policemen she maintains cost the life of her son. In essense, this moronic woman's son got so drunk he couldn't walk properly and then, still having in his system ecstasy and cocaine from the previous night's jollities, staggered in this state across a motorway near Liverpool and was struck by two cars when the police declined to cross the motorway to rescue him as they hadn't had the appropriate training. Whilst I still think this is a pathetic way to behave, I wholeheartedly applaud them for not bothering to put their own lives at risk by saving the drunken drug user from the consequences of his own life choices. The Mother meanwhile, is considering whether to sue the police for compensation for her anguish and loss. No-one, of course, has mentioned the poor car drivers and how they must be feeling.
:goingmad: :goingmad: :goingmad: :goingmad:
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Nevertheless --- I suspect that JR and I may agree on "Duty of Care "-----???
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

....... 'duty of care' to whom? the drunken druguser, or the other motorists whom he put at risk?
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

gma wrote: Now I find myself raging again but this time against the Mother of a 26 year old man who is complaining that health and safety jobsworth policemen she maintains cost the life of her son. In essense, this moronic woman's son got so drunk he couldn't walk properly and then, still having in his system ecstasy and cocaine from the previous night's jollities, staggered in this state across a motorway near Liverpool and was struck by two cars when the police declined to cross the motorway
I totally agree with you. I also condemn all those who go into the hills without proper training and/or equipment and have to be rescued by the Mountain Rescue. Ditto rescues by the RNLI. Yes, well trained and equipped people DO occasionally get into trouble despite all their training and abilities but it is the innocents and idiots I condemn. One February on top of Hellvellyn in light show I came across a mother very well shod and dressed with a very young girl - ?6 or 7 - in wellington boots, jeans and a thin jacket. To get to that place was a long walk for anyone. Of course Social Services were (presumably) in their nice warm offices :(
I used to work in a rescue role and one or two of those drivers I came across were absolute menaces - including one well-known name but, being effectively professional, the vast majority were well behaved but still got into trouble sometimes.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Requested Removal 18
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Requested Removal 18 »

I cannot understand why those police officers issued a ticket. I work in the police ticketing department (no, really!) and I would be a) calling for these officers to be suspended due to their stupidity, petulance and downright bl**dy mindedness and b) cancelling the ticket.

Not surprised the guy's not paying - reckon this will get thrown out of court and will make the police look VERY silly... :x
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Tommy wrote:I cannot understand why those police officers issued a ticket. I work in the police ticketing department (no, really!) and I would be a) calling for these officers to be suspended due to their stupidity, petulance and downright bl**dy mindedness and b) cancelling the ticket.

Not surprised the guy's not paying - reckon this will get thrown out of court and will make the police look VERY silly... :x
According to comonly understood lore police officers stand to be disciplined if they do not solve sufficient cases or write sufficient tickets, they can get lower pay rises and promotions. I have had an older experienced officer comment along those lines - beware the young copper seeking to make a name for himself. There's a big thing at present about unsafe driving and they saw an opportunity to up their score assuming that the victim, like 90% of the population, would be to terrified to complain. I have absolutely no doubt that he has had heavy boots crosing his threshold since going public and that he will be targeted if he gets off.