feeling very odd!

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

poppy
2nd Former

feeling very odd!

Post by poppy »

I cant believe my dd has finally started her adventure. It all went so quickly this afternoon and dd looked very happy and her nursemaid is lovely and was so welcoming! All the other girls made a huge fuss of her and I am sure she will now be fast asleep! However we have made the 300 mile journey home and although my other daughters are here
poppy
2nd Former

Re: feeling very odd!

Post by poppy »

woops didnt quite get to the end of that post I must have pressed wrong button. Any way I just feel very gloomy. I know it is completley normal and I know I have to be brave and positive etc. I am sure everything will feel better in the morning. I also forgot to collect calculator and scarf we ordered, would anyone know where I should of collected them from?
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

Hi Poppy, just seen your post. You're quite entitled to feel odd - there's a hole in your household! Forget being brave & positive right now - have a good cry if that's how you feel! You can always check with DD's Housemistress tomorrow to see how things are going.
Barnes Mum
Deputy Grecian

Post by Barnes Mum »

poppy wrote: I also forgot to collect calculator and scarf we ordered, would anyone know where I should of collected them from?
Don't worry, your DD will be given these in the next day or two, our's have been given their's already.
It's going to much worse for you I'm afraid on the 'missing' front, the new ones are going to be kept so busy over the next few days they will hopefully be kept as distracted from that as possible. They are also usually so tired by bedtime, I have to say, they do tend to sleep quite well!!!
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

we had chicken balls in sweet and sour sauce in honour of Bella leaving - its her favourite! I also wrote to her last night saying that i thought she handled everything wonderfully and that she should just be herself and i'm sure she will fit in just fine. Her nursemaid is brilliant - bouncy, fun and very tactile, which is great given that my 3 girls are always all over each other. I think its the hugs that she will miss the most!
I'm doing surprisingly ok. I did just go to yell for her to empty the dishwasher.... ! i'm probably in denial - anyway i feel very sure that she will be looked after. There are a lot of adults and kids looking out for her!
wide awake on the edge of the world
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

same feeling here,had a good cry last night and my youngest daughter is lost. she is very quiet and has withdrawn into herself. The saddest bit is my other son is also off to university next two weeks. However my DS was soooooo happy and did they not all look good in the housey?? I understand my DS is having a very good time and enjoying himself.
Do not worry ,you are not alone. It is so quiet in my house and very strange, at lease i do not have the two them fighting over the computer or who is watching what on the telly. Cheer up ,they are in the right place and being looked after by their nursemaids and the adults too. xxx
CHDad
Deputy Grecian

Post by CHDad »

It does feel very odd and the house is very quiet ! I still have 2 daughters here so it most be the lack of arguments that makes it so quiet ! I was starting to worry about how my d.s was getting on. I was most worried that he would be getting too tired with all the new work etc. When he gets tired, like most children he gets fed up and grumpy and I had visions of this happening. However we had our first e.mail from him last night! He said that he was having fun, everyone was being nice to him and he had made lots of new friends. Fantastic !!!! I can relax a bit more now. :D
Luisa
2nd Former

Post by Luisa »

You were lucky - I also had an email from my son last night & all it said was something like "Hi, this is my email address, bye". I have read between the lines & take it that he must be busy & enjoying himself too much to write any more but I would have appreciated a bit more detail!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Luisa wrote:You were lucky - I also had an email from my son last night & all it said was something like "Hi, this is my email address, bye". I have read between the lines & take it that he must be busy & enjoying himself too much to write any more but I would have appreciated a bit more detail!
The couldn't have taken long! :lol:
lonelymom :rolleyes:
wickedwitch
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by wickedwitch »

email here too, and a postcard this morning. whoop! x
wide awake on the edge of the world
Luisa
2nd Former

Post by Luisa »

wickedwitch wrote:email here too, and a postcard this morning. whoop! x
That's the difference between girls & boys!
juicymum

Post by juicymum »

Having a very bad time this evening as we normally do 'stuff' on saturday evenings. Have had a few tears again. We got an email as well from DS as well and he is having a 'wonderful time and his nursemaid is really helpful'. the house is so quiet as he is the loudest of all the kids.
Well, I think I will just finish this nice bottle of chardonnay and look forward to the 24th of September. :) :wine:
dinahcat
Deputy Grecian

Post by dinahcat »

Two daughters- eleven phonecalls , two emails , three text messages .
One son-one text promising phone call which never happened.
QED.
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

Sorry - Does not follow! Daughter in 3rd form took till yesterday - 5 days in - to reply to my (3 or 4) emails! I even had to resort to sending message through friend's son! (You know who you are - thanks; it worked!). She came up with some excuse about forgetting her password. Hmm.
YadaYada
Deputy Grecian

Post by YadaYada »

Hope you are feeling better today JuicyMum. I seem to remember shedding a tear or 2 most days for the first 3 weeks. It's part of the process I think.

My son texts and calls everyday and I have had a postcard this week too. He's Third Form and loving it. Not ALL boys are uncommunicative!!