Old Blues Day

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Old Blues Day

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:It was a fantabulous day --- After the "Iffy" weather forecast, the sun blazed down (I imagine that the Chaplain had a word with the Almighty ? )
Regrettably I had to be late for the Debate ----- due to the fact that at 2.15pm Lunch was STILL being served in Big School, and the Debate started at 2 pm !!!

I was upbraided by my collegue, for being late, who felt I should have left without Lunch ------- I think I was unusually mild, in NOT explaining that missing a meal for a Type 1 Diabetic on Insulin (Now 55 years) may result in even greater "Entertainment" but I did slip in a slightly acid remark that, if they couldn't serve Lunch on time, it MUST have been "Better in my time "
I was surprised that we won the Debate with a large majority --- which goes to show thar CH has not lost it's sense of humour !

Lovely to meet and greet Barnes Mum, Mrs C,(I DID buy my frogs) Lonely Mom (At a distance) and I thought I spoke to Kerren, who was not going to be there --- If it was NOT you, I apologise ! :oops:

I look forward (DV) to the next year's event !

Look 3 posts above, Neill !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

No, can't have been me....
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

Maybe it was my mum - Frances! She did say she'd met you! She's the same era as Kerren!

However today she has gone to a Folk Festival, so can't confirm til later :lol:
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Not quite, Maria.... your mum is OLDER than I am.....(a little bit...)
Kerren Simmonds
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

So, it'll be an OLD Folks Festival ??

:axe:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

Ha Ha!! my younger sister's there too, so I seriously hope not! Actually I'm a little jealous... my mother & sister have gone to see my favourite band without me!

Show of Hands at Rochester Castle - should be a great show (assuming the weather's ok). Just a bit too far for me to travel.
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

The weather is good in the S of England Maria.. so they should be having a good time. Hope so, anyway.
Weather is so blooming good that I have had to go outside with the hosepipe, this evening...... aarrggh.
Kerren Simmonds
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

kerrensimmonds wrote:The weather is good in the S of England Maria..
Tipping it down here at the mo!! First rain we've had for what seems like weeks!

Yesterday was a good day all round - I didn't spot you there though Neill although I did meet Frances and Kirri and briefly Mrs C. :D
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

wish it was tipping it down here! It's been very close today, and oppressive, but it's still dry......and therefore I did feel that I needed to water the garden this evening. I'd be glad for some rain to burst the pressure bubble...
Kerren Simmonds
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

to cheer you all up it was hailing here today (May Day - big holiday) and snow is predicted for Tuesday.... the day I was planning to go to the open air pool for the first time this year (therefore my fault).
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:It was a fantabulous day --- After the "Iffy" weather forecast, the sun blazed down (I imagine that the Chaplain had a word with the Almighty ? )
Regrettably I had to be late for the Debate ----- due to the fact that at 2.15pm Lunch was STILL being served in Big School, and the Debate started at 2 pm !!!

I was upbraided by my collegue, for being late, who felt I should have left without Lunch ------- I think I was unusually mild, in NOT explaining that missing a meal for a Type 1 Diabetic on Insulin (Now 55 years) may result in even greater "Entertainment" but I did slip in a slightly acid remark that, if they couldn't serve Lunch on time, it MUST have been "Better in my time "
I was surprised that we won the Debate with a large majority --- which goes to show thar CH has not lost it's sense of humour !

Lovely to meet and greet Barnes Mum, Mrs C,(I DID buy my frogs) Lonely Mom (At a distance) and I thought I spoke to Kerren, who was not going to be there --- If it was NOT you, I apologise ! :oops:

I wasn't there!! :?
lonelymom :rolleyes:
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

I look forward to your report on the debate for the OB magazine. (See PM)
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Now ---- how am I supposed to identify ALL the gorgeous Ladies that I encounter on OBs day ???

I can only plead the onset of senility !

My apologies for mis-identification ! :oops:

BTW--- TBA thouroughly enjoyed herself, but still mainains CH is not as wonderful as Abbeydale Grammer in Sheffield !

I can only mutter, under my breath !!! :lol:
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

On my rare visit to the forum these days, I was saddened to here that some of us are unwell, but so heartened by the courage inherent in Old Blues. OB Day was indeed wonderful, but would have been all the better if those wonderful ladies fighting the b*****s could have joined with us. Next year, I am sure you will both be there.

I loved being there and travelling up from the westcountry with some wonderful people - the fact that none of us had met before really did not seem to matter. Thanks for your company. :)
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

I'll be there again as and when I can walk more easily, albeit maybe for only a few yards.....I'm just not yet ready to appear in public in an electric buggy or on a wheeled walking frame.....
But my problems are as nothing compared to Maggie and Anne and their b*gg*rs. I, too, truly hope that they are both doing well.
Kerren Simmonds