Back

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Eruresto
Grecian

Back

Post by Eruresto »

Hello, everyone - just posting to say I'm back. Where have I been? Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure myself. Quite faraway though - even past the lurking stage. But...well, hello again :) Hope everyone is doing well!
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Re: Back

Post by Fjgrogan »

Welcome back, Josh!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Glad to see you back, Josh !

I trust your studies are going well.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Adrian
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Adrian »

"studies"

Now that's a word I have banished from my life forever.

:rock:
Maine A; Peele A 75-82
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Adrian wrote:"studies"

Now that's a word I have banished from my life forever.

:rock:

I stopped studying some years ago.

Learning though..... I don't think you EVER stop learning !!
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Hello Josh

Good to see you "back!"

Hope all is going well for you.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

I just thought I'd have a look at the Forum - I'm usually communicating frequently with the girls' Facebook page. But it was very nice to see your name.

How are you? Are you finished with your studies now? Did you get married?
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Angela Woodford wrote:I just thought I'd have a look at the Forum - I'm usually communicating frequently with the girls' Facebook page. But it was very nice to see your name.

How are you? Are you finished with your studies now? Did you get married?
It is also good to see you back on the Forum Angela.

As you have no doubt noticed it has quietened down considerably from when you posted regularly.

I always enjoyed your posts and hope that you and yours are all well and happy.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Thank you - how nice of you! Now a divorcée - really strange - post divorce, which (thanks to a very kind and helpful solicitor) went far more smoothly than anticipated, I find that I rather like my ex husband, and quite look forward to seeing him. H's happier single and likes my new partner, whom my children loved at once. How strange. And I'm now a granny of three! I'm looking for the Off Topic smiley. No I can't produce it.

Sorry! Back to Josh.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Angela Woodford wrote:Thank you - how nice of you! Now a divorcée - really strange - post divorce, which (thanks to a very kind and helpful solicitor) went far more smoothly than anticipated, I find that I rather like my ex husband, and quite look forward to seeing him. H's happier single and likes my new partner, whom my children loved at once. How strange. And I'm now a granny of three! I'm looking for the Off Topic smiley. No I can't produce it. :)

Sorry! Back to Josh.
:)

Added for you, Angela ! J
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

The off-topic smiley must have changed!
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

Angela Woodford wrote:Thank you - how nice of you! Now a divorcée - really strange - post divorce, which (thanks to a very kind and helpful solicitor) went far more smoothly than anticipated, I find that I rather like my ex husband, and quite look forward to seeing him. H's happier single and likes my new partner, whom my children loved at once. How strange. And I'm now a granny of three! I'm looking for the Off Topic smiley. No I can't produce it.

Sorry! Back to Josh.
A woman back on the site! Well done Angela. You're right about divorce solicitors. Some just want to up the ante, increase antagonism and increase their fees. Is the new bloke the one from Stowe or was that the old one?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

rockfreak wrote:
Angela Woodford wrote:Thank you - how nice of you! Now a divorcée - really strange - post divorce, which (thanks to a very kind and helpful solicitor) went far more smoothly than anticipated, I find that I rather like my ex husband, and quite look forward to seeing him. H's happier single and likes my new partner, whom my children loved at once. How strange. And I'm now a granny of three! I'm looking for the Off Topic smiley. No I can't produce it.

Sorry! Back to Josh.
A woman back on the site! Well done Angela. You're right about divorce solicitors. Some just want to up the ante, increase antagonism and increase their fees. Is the new bloke the one from Stowe or was that the old one?
That's a bit nosy, Freaky ?
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

I don't mind at all - yes! New Bloke from Stowe. We've been to several Old Stoic things, and walked all around the very beautiful grounds.

I was so struck by how the old Stoics - well, all the guys I chatted to anyway - had absolutely loved their schooldays. I didn't hear one difficult memory. Nothing but affection for the place. I wasn't really surprised. However, New Bloke had a memory of one of his contemporaries whose father was so Important and So Busy that occasionally he would send the chauffeur to take him out and give him lunch.

I was so lucky with my solicitor, it's true. Kind, GSOH, tactful; didn't mind a bit when (home visit) a large yowling Siamese parked himself on the paperwork. Obliged with a bit of tummy tickling. It's a legal requirement with a client's cat.

:offtopic: There! I found it. Sorry Josh; I hijacked your thread!