Thornton House Photos

Photos associated with Thornton house

Moderator: Moderators

graham
Deputy Grecian

Re: Thornton House Photos

Post by graham »

michael scuffil wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:42 pm Whoever took that picture ought to be shot. The lighting is dreadful.
I'm somewhat at fault for taking a photo of the photo under a bright light, but the quality of the original is shocking. In fact, all my old CH photos are pretty bad. Apparently house photos weren't a priority in the 1990s. I'm not sure what was...
Graham Slater
Maine B 1990 - 1993, Thorn A 1993 -1997
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

No, you're not at fault. I'm talking mainly (though not only) about the shadows on the faces. (If the Fountain was in the sun, there would have been plenty of shady (and photogenic) places within 100 yds.)
Th.B. 27 1955-63
John Saunders
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Thornton House Photos and Band,school teams etc.

Post by John Saunders »

I have a few photos from early 50s which may be of interest. However being computer illiterate I have no idea how to load on to this site. Can anyone help please. John Saunders
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Th.B. 27 1955-63
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Thornton House Photos and Band,school teams etc.

Post by J.R. »

John Saunders wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 am I have a few photos from early 50s which may be of interest. However being computer illiterate I have no idea how to load on to this site. Can anyone help please. John Saunders

Hi John.

I'm sure if you sent them to our Illustrious leader, young Julian, he'd oblige for you.

He has down-loaded my pictures in the past.

J.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Yep - if you can email them to me at admin@chforum.info I'll upload for you.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Pe.A
Deputy Grecian

Post by Pe.A »

graham wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 pm Here's Thornton A, 1997. Mr O'Boyle, housemaster, is third row fifth from left. House captain Nick Wolstenholme in the center and Mr Phelps / Philps (?) the other side. I can't remember how to spell his last name but do remember he taught maths and could juggle. I forget the name of the CDT teacher next to Matron (I forget Matron's name too), but he was a laugh and Mr Marlow is next to him. I'm on the far left. Oh, the memories. I don't know why were on the quad for the picture, rather than outside the house though.

can you post that pic again pls...?
Pe.A
Deputy Grecian

Post by Pe.A »

graham wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:08 pm Here's Thornton A, 1997. Mr O'Boyle, housemaster, is third row fifth from left. House captain Nick Wolstenholme in the center and Mr Phelps / Philps (?) the other side. I can't remember how to spell his last name but do remember he taught maths and could juggle. I forget the name of the CDT teacher next to Matron (I forget Matron's name too), but he was a laugh and Mr Marlow is next to him. I'm on the far left. Oh, the memories. I don't know why were on the quad for the picture, rather than outside the house though.

Matron Moody for Thornton at the time? CDT teacher i think was Mr Williams(??). Was a rugby coach as well
graham
Deputy Grecian

Post by graham »

Pe.A wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:43 am

Matron Moody for Thornton at the time? CDT teacher i think was Mr Williams(??). Was a rugby coach as well
Mr Williams sounds right. Andy Williams? Not matron Moody though. She retired a year or two before (94 or 95 I think).