'K.O' and Crushes at Hertford

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

soc wrote:Now that could be a real fun party piece Jude
Hmmm - a bit of paint and a brush - who knows I could be the next "modern Artiste"!! :lol:
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

Post by UserRequestedRemoval »

Well it has to be better than that submarine made of tyres
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

i was trying to think of the so called artiste who just threw paint at the canvas and hey presto it was ART!

Going back to subject matter - the "crushes" we had at CH Herts I don't think were at any point sexual in nature - far from it - it was more of a respect for that person over others... Like Margaret Foxton - she lost her front teeth playing hockey - yet she had flase ones, still captained the hockey team, was head girl in my 2nd year, was very good looking, very musical and very academic - I could almost say it was envy! I wasn't good looking, was okish musically, and never really academic!
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Jude wrote:Going back to subject matter - the "crushes" we had at CH Herts I don't think were at any point sexual in nature - far from it -
I agree - it was more a kind of admiration and respect for that person.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:i was trying to think of the so called artiste who just threw paint at the canvas and hey presto it was ART!
I think it was some **** called Picasso !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

nah - someone much later - more this era (mind you I have the guy whose art was s sheep in formaldyhyde living nearby )- even so the house prices haven't dropped yet!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

That does it, I am going to paint my dog's paws and get him to run around a big canvass. There has to be some art poser out there ready to pay a fortune for yet more rubbish!
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

it does seem to be a weird aspact art - It was very ammusing to watch a tv programme who had taken a chimps art to a NY art dealer for a show - it started off being valued at a HUGE amount (I can't remember what - but thousands). No one bought the art during the show - and at the end the presenter asked the art dealer (female) what she thought of it - she was going on aobout the depth of the artists feelings, how tehy had taken this colour and carefully placed it there etc, creating something meaningful - he went on allowing her to look at all of the pieces by the Chimp (it was done in the 1970's I think) and evetually got her to value each piece - her prices varied - as she didn't know the artist - when she was told it was the work of a Chimp - she said they were worthless!!

Pollocks art to me is worth less than what the chimp did!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

The revd. Ian Atkinson (my housemaster) had a print a painting by Dali on the wall of his classroom. The hours I spent looking at it trying to work it out!
I think that painting taught me to look at art and say to myself, do I like it or not. If I do, then great, if not, I pay it no further heed. As for critics going on about what the artist was thinking when he/she painted or sculpted it. Well, for me that is just hot air and utterly pointless.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:nah - someone much later - more this era (mind you I have the guy whose art was s sheep in formaldyhyde living nearby )- even so the house prices haven't dropped yet!
That is not art, just the shock tactics of a demented sicko !

Personally, I think the personal responsible should be immersed in formaldyhyde, preferably whilst still alive.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

There is a canvas in Tate Modern entitled 'Blue' (how appropriate on this forum) which is a canvas painted blue, with a decorator's roller.

My daughter and I were standing at the back coughing "b*llocks" while some pompous a***hole was lecturing about the way the roller had moved over the canvas.

We would have got thrown out but no-one realised it was us as we were too well-dressed.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

it does sound like the girls could get away with an awful lot more borderline bisexuality than the blokes could. it's nice to hear (not because "the idea of lezzers turns me on", before you imply it), just nice to know that even decades ago girls were much less nazi about sexuality than blokes.

seeing women openly with women and men openly with men warms my bleeding liberal heart.
queue dirty jokes and inuendo...
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Hendrik wrote:it does sound like the girls could get away with an awful lot more borderline bisexuality than the blokes could. it's nice to hear (not because "the idea of lezzers turns me on", before you imply it), just nice to know that even decades ago girls were much less nazi about sexuality than blokes.

seeing women openly with women and men openly with men warms my bleeding liberal heart.
H - we WERE NOT LESBIANS!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:
Hendrik wrote:it does sound like the girls could get away with an awful lot more borderline bisexuality than the blokes could. it's nice to hear (not because "the idea of lezzers turns me on", before you imply it), just nice to know that even decades ago girls were much less nazi about sexuality than blokes.

H - we WERE NOT LESBIANS!!!

I AM !!!!!!!!!!
UserRequestedRemoval
Button Grecian

You are a what JR?