Dr. N G Cox.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Dr. N G Cox.

Post by J.R. »

I notice in the 'Legacies' section of Spring 2007 'Housey', a legacy from Nick Cox, ex Col. B.

I was his swab for a year and wondered if he has passed on and I hadn't noticed.

Anyone got any information.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Dr. N G Cox.

Post by Mid A 15 »

J.R. wrote:I notice in the 'Legacies' section of Spring 2007 'Housey', a legacy from Nick Cox, ex Col. B.

I was his swab for a year and wondered if he has passed on and I hadn't noticed.

Anyone got any information.
There was an obituary of a Cox who died in his sixties in a recent Old Blue (or Blue). I remember the name because one or more of his relatives were county cricketers. He worked at the Public Record Office in Kew I believe and was very well respected for knowing his way around the records.

I'm due a visit there as part of my family history research so it is a shame he is not still around.

http://www.chassociation.org/oldblues/b ... s&letter=C

Scroll down.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Doctor Smellcroft
LE (Little Erasmus)

Dr N G Cox

Post by Doctor Smellcroft »

That obituary is a condensed version of this one, which appeared in The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/obituaries/st ... 49,00.html
Last edited by Doctor Smellcroft on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Thanks Guys !

Yes that's DEFINITELY the Nick I remember so well.

This section of the obit sums him up completely:

"With a slightly donnish air and misleading appearance of being permanently distracted, he helped journalists, civil servants and younger colleagues at Kew through what sometimes seemed to be labyrinthine and arbitrary rules about what documents could be released when, and why."
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.