Times 2 03/04/07

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by peter2095 »

J.R. wrote:
cj wrote:
peter2095 wrote: Wasn't Ian Baxter in Peele A, when i was on my UF he was on his Grecians. Lived in a room upstairs and had a hamster
He certainly was in Peele A. Couldn't say about the hamster though ...
I think the hamster was in a cage ! :lol:
Not always JR, remember it breaking its leg falling down the stairs :)
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
matthew
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by matthew »

ben ashton wrote:'Bundling' and the like generally takes place as year group, or at least group, activities. Therefore intentional bullying is prevented, as individuals are protected/supported by their group.
If somebody is being bullied, this will normally be due to them being unpopular with the majority of their peers, in which case they need to:
- adapt themselves to make them more acceptable to the majority or
- find more people in their situation to associate with or
- fight back in a literal/physical sense.
The first and third options are the extremes and work.
The second one will in time create a self-perpetuating sense of group victimisation, as well as a larger target to be picked on.
Children aren't known for cherishing individuality in their peers, and I don't think it's reasonable to tell a victim that they need to conform for uniformity's sake, or else become violent.

Assault is a crime in the real world, and it does kids no service at all to pretend that it's OK because they're little.

I never understood why staff shrugged off ABH, while the theft of fifty pence could bring about the collapse of civilization. I hope things are better for today's pupils.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Yes, if its the same Ian Baxter on my year, you would have been on the UF on his Grecians Peter...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99