FORUM UPGRADE - now completed!

START HERE:- New to the forum? Look here for info on what it's all about. We've got lots of users, some regular and some occasional, so if you're not sure how to join in then here's where to start.

Moderator: Moderators

kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Re: FORUM UPGRADE - now completed!

Post by kerrensimmonds »

Yes re Norton. I have been told that I won't be able to remove it from my PC,because it has 'tentacles' that go everwhere. All I can do is disable all its applications. At least the PC should be faster again.....

I wouldn't want to try the new version after all the trouble I have had with Norton over the years, including a seized up laptop just after I had upgraded (at a cost of £40 or so!). The PC repair people said I was not the first.....
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

kerrensimmonds wrote:My new laptop came with avast! already loaded. I wasn't asked to pay for it. It seems very efficient, the computer runs much faster than its predecessor (which had Norton) and the only irritation is on the occasions (4-5 times a week) when a male American voice announces 'Virus Database Updated'....
I have a PC upstairs (rarely used now) and I have had a lesson on how to disable Norton, whereupon I will load AVG.
:D
Yes, there is a free version of Avast which I have in France. Works fine; I have no speakers on that or this PC so I get a screen message instead. I don't know which of AVG and Avast is better - if there is anything in it.

As I understand it, one of the two is a rebadged program with a Germanic original name which appears under a variety of names with minor screenshot changes.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

Time to get the mods to work, Julian - crack the whip, man!

How did nova slip through the net?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Noba by name....

Definitely spam.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72