So What Was It Actually Like When the School Went Mixed?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

Morris, Morrison, Morton not too bad an attempt for 20 years ago!
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Gripper wrote: The day the fire alarm went off in Barnes B after games....
The evening a Barnes B girl was overheard by her house mistress offering a BJ to her boyfriend!!!!
:shock:

lol don't remember the alarm thing - just wondering who the Barnes B girl was - wasn't me was it?! :shock: :shock: :lol:
Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Post by Spoonbill »

Gripper wrote:The girl who walked in the back door of a boys boarding house (showers entrance) and discovered just why the nickname "stubby" existed!
I don't know what this means. Please enlighten an ignorant old bustard.
Doctor Smellcroft
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Doctor Smellcroft »

Spoonbill, as you know, men and women are, well, um, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, they have one or two ingredients that perhaps don’t always, er, I expect you’ve scratched your head from time to time about how mummies and daddies, or possibly you’ve been in the showers, looking about you, as one does, though I wouldn’t want you to think I habitually, er, or indeed that anyone, well, look here, I’m getting into difficulties on this, does anyone want to take over?
Last edited by Doctor Smellcroft on Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

No worries! As you remember some naughty children used to smoke. The boys habitually lit up in the shower to disguise the polluted atmosphere. Lots of old ciggy butts at the back door to the houses. Quite disgusting! Poor girl!
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

Just for the record....

Vonny - your concern for your own reputation is intriguing!!! However I can confirm that it was two Grecians involved after a night in the club, drinking shandy, but I feel discretion should now prevail....

All this does make me wonder whether we should have a "whatever happened to CH romances" item....
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Is there any truth to this rumour ?

I asked a 'later' OB who attended Housey just after the merger, if there was any problem keeping the two sexes apart.

His cynical reply, was,

"Oh no ! Matron just goes round the dorms. at 10:00pm with a crow-bar and a bucket of cold water !"

(Oh really, John !!)
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

There was Grecian (also a school monitor) who was caught in a girls dorm.

He got off 'so to speak' on the basis that he was 'confused' after a night in the club and had gone to his old bed location before the house in question became a girls house!!
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

Gripper wrote:There was Grecian (also a school monitor) who was caught in a girls dorm.

He got off 'so to speak' on the basis that he was 'confused' after a night in the club and had gone to his old bed location before the house in question became a girls house!!
I was involved in a similar incident...
In my Third Form / LE (can't remember which) I awoke in the middle of the night to find 3 girls at the end of my bed. They were wandering around and thought they'd come in for a chat!

Me and a friend decided to join them and went across the Parking lot to Col A's Day room. Had a laugh for an hour or so, and then promptly went back to bed, thinking that was the end of the matter.
Unfortunately one of the Senior girls in Col A had come down stairs and seen us in the Dayroom, and decided to report us to both Col A & Mid B housemasters. :oops:

Ended up in the then Headmaster (Mr Handsford I think) office, getting a stern telling off. I think two of the girls left around then, not sure if it was because of this or for some other indescretion.

Had another similar episode the next year (in another post on this forum) and came close to being suspended. :twisted:
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

A young lady spent a number of nights in my study bedroom. The 5am hike back up the back avenue was always a bit of a thrill.

Incidently the extra-curricular activities in the years before the Hertford girls arrived were equally entertaining........
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Gripper wrote:A young lady spent a number of nights in my study bedroom. The 5am hike back up the back avenue was always a bit of a thrill.
Perhaps you'd like to consider re-phrasing your second sentence, Gripper !!!
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

It made me laugh as I reaslised what I had written so I thought I'd leave it in.....!

I didn't think it would take long to generate a response and my faith in the CH mindset is well placed.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Perhaps the ladies hit upon this as temporary measure to help the boys through the transition period.......
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Richard Ruck wrote:Perhaps the ladies hit upon this as temporary measure to help the boys through the transition period.......
Is this anything to do with the menstrual cycle ?
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

J.R. wrote:
Richard Ruck wrote:Perhaps the ladies hit upon this as temporary measure to help the boys through the transition period.......
Is this anything to do with the menstrual cycle ?
It could be, if push comes to shove........

I was thinking more in terms of training a cat, though.

You should always keep it on familiar territory for a while, before allowing it full use of the cat-flap.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?