Colin Martin CH c1970

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Colin Martin CH c1970

Post by Mid A 15 »

I was speaking to a long standing (non Old Blue) colleague last week and conversation touched on school days.

It transpired that Colin Martin was an acquaintance of my colleague and would have attended CH c1970 at the age of 11 give or take a year or two. He came from the Swanley area in Kent.

I do not remember Colin myself from CH, being a few years older, and my colleague, understandably, knew no details of House etc.

Colin, sadly, did not have the happiest of times at CH it seems and actually left after at the end of his first year or shortly after. Even more sadly he passed away a year or so ago, apparently after a long battle with alcoholism.

I feel a sense of sadness that we did not have this conversation earlier as perhaps help could have been found for Colin via the BSB or other channels had we been aware.

The purpose of this post is to enquire whether anybody reading might remember him.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
richardb
Forum Moderator

Re: Colin Martin CH c1970

Post by richardb »

From memory he started in LHA in 1970 and left from ThB in 1975 after he should have taken his O levels.

Not sure if he actually took the exams as impressed on my mind is him saying after the leavers service that you didn't need qualifications to succeed in life.

I believe he was going to work on a building site.

One of those who couldn't wait to leave.

He was nicknamed Wiggy.

Sad.
Joeydocking1995
2nd Former

Re: Colin Martin CH c1970

Post by Joeydocking1995 »

Mid A 15 wrote: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 am I was speaking to a long standing (non Old Blue) colleague last week and conversation touched on school days.

It transpired that Colin Martin was an acquaintance of my colleague and would have attended CH c1970 at the age of 11 give or take a year or two. He came from the Swanley area in Kent.

I do not remember Colin myself from CH, being a few years older, and my colleague, understandably, knew no details of House etc.

Colin, sadly, did not have the happiest of times at CH it seems and actually left after at the end of his first year or shortly after. Even more sadly he passed away a year or so ago, apparently after a long battle with alcoholism.

I feel a sense of sadness that we did not have this conversation earlier as perhaps help could have been found for Colin via the BSB or other channels had we been aware.

The purpose of this post is to enquire whether anybody reading might remember him.

Hi there I am speaking on behalf of the niece of Colin martin - Who's brother "Jon" Is still alive, It would be lovely to share some information if you are interested about him hers my email - Joeydocking@gmail.com - Happy to help :) - Fyi i was browsing the internet in regards to my uncle and found this post ! sorry it took so long to notice it.