COVID19

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: COVID19

Post by time please »

Coping Strategy.

I get up at 6 am at work by 7.15 am. Eat lunch out, finish work at about 3pm. Do some shopping and then 3 evenings a week Bandy training. ( hockey played on ice but not ice hockey ) Weekends are spent visiting children and grandchildren. To be honest it has not really affected me. ( and I hope it stays that way )
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

Just remember to wash your hands and sing the Votum.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

loringa wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:56 am
rockfreak wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:27 pm How long before the first redneck is spotted in the bible belt wearing a red baseball cap saying "Make America Ill Again"?
Ah, I see. Laughing at the working classes is presumably okay so long as they are American? How very egalitarian of you Mr Redshaw.

Why do you assume that all working class people are rednecks? Rednecks come from all classes. There's an upper class redneck (ex-Bullingdon club) running the government at present.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Pe.A wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:25 am
sejintenej wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:44 pm I hate to butt in folks but unfortunately this virus is distinctly unpleasant.

Many of my generation are required to stay behind closed doors with no visitors - family or others; it was until the end of June but some of us have had that extended to the end of October. OK if you have a garden plus friends to do the shopping but think of being cooped up in a flat!

A little bit of control if you please
Just curious. What has been your coping strategy...?
Keep busy.
- I am in touch with +/- 6000 people who share my medical condition and are not allowed outside their home (and there is quite a bit more than that :x
- Keep fit - I have to to remain stable
- I invest (sorry Rockfreak but I am one of those idiots who finance the jobs your friends hate so much) and that takes up a bit of time and brainpower every day
-I have a- moderate size garden which keeps me busy - 100+ show begonias, pinks and carnations and there are a couple of hundred seedlings to care for before growing them on
- I listen to music but not the crap played at CH
- I read a lot
- not had much time recently but want to learn watercolour painting (which that unmentionable was too disinterested in teaching) and guitar

so not a lot really
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
time please
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by time please »

rockfreak wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:55 pm Just remember to wash your hands and sing the Votum.
Is this aimed at me? Because if it is then you have misunderstood that I am living in a country with a different way of trying to get to grips with this virus.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

time please wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:51 pm
rockfreak wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:55 pm Just remember to wash your hands and sing the Votum.
Is this aimed at me? Because if it is then you have misunderstood that I am living in a country with a different way of trying to get to grips with this virus.
[/quo

It was a satirical reminder that Old Etonian Boris said "wash your hands and sing Happy Birthday" while Old Etonian Jacob Rees-Mogg said "wash your hands and sing the national anthem". Both of these went to the most expensive school in the land.
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

rockfreak wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:48 pm It was a satirical reminder that Old Etonian Boris said "wash your hands and sing Happy Birthday" while Old Etonian Jacob Rees-Mogg said "wash your hands and sing the national anthem". Both of these went to the most expensive school in the land.
... and here I was thinking they both went to Eton.