J D F Smith

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

Winkie
2nd Former

J D F Smith

Post by Winkie »

A year or two after I left CH (ca. 1974 or 5) I was shocked to hear that John Smith, whom I had greatly admired as a teacher of Greek and Ancient History, had suddenly died.

Does anyone know more about the circumstances of his death (if this is not a taboo subject) and about his personal history in general?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: J D F Smith

Post by Mid A 15 »

Winkie wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:53 am A year or two after I left CH (ca. 1974 or 5) I was shocked to hear that John Smith, whom I had greatly admired as a teacher of Greek and Ancient History, had suddenly died.

Does anyone know more about the circumstances of his death (if this is not a taboo subject) and about his personal history in general?
I asked a similar question some years ago on this thread: https://www.chforum.info/php/viewtopic. ... mith#p6508

Hope you are keeping well Francis. We were contemporaries. Andy Miller.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Winkie
2nd Former

Re: J D F Smith

Post by Winkie »

Thanks, Andy. Very sad about John Smith, confirming the rumour I heard back then. (I have sent you a private message).