Headmaster's Appraisal

Area for current parents, past parents and future parents of Blues or Old Blues.

Moderator: Moderators

ActionMan
2nd Former

Headmaster's Appraisal

Post by ActionMan »

No doubt everybody's aware that as part of the continuing programme of staff development there is an appraisal of the Headmaster being conducted. We understand that a random 20% of parents have been sent forms which have to be returned to an independent person outside the school. But we've asked around and so far have found only one parent who's had one, which works out to a lot less than 20%. Have many of you out there had one? We'd be interested to know. Also be interested to know if this appraisal extends to others apart from parents. We would have thought that the staff and pupils might like to have an input too...

Incidentally, we have the name and address of the person conducting the appraisal, and it's possible that he might like to receive letters from anybody else as well. Send me a pm if you want it.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Headmaster's Appraisal

Post by J.R. »

ActionMan wrote:No doubt everybody's aware that as part of the continuing programme of staff development there is an appraisal of the Headmaster being conducted. We understand that a random 20% of parents have been sent forms which have to be returned to an independent person outside the school. But we've asked around and so far have found only one parent who's had one, which works out to a lot less than 20%. Have many of you out there had one? We'd be interested to know. Also be interested to know if this appraisal extends to others apart from parents. We would have thought that the staff and pupils might like to have an input too...

Incidentally, we have the name and address of the person conducting the appraisal, and it's possible that he might like to receive letters from anybody else as well. Send me a pm if you want it.

And why not OB's ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote:
ActionMan wrote:No doubt everybody's aware that as part of the continuing programme of staff development there is an appraisal of the Headmaster being conducted. .
And why not OB's ??
You might think that he is a good ol' bean (or is it carrot-top?) but I suspect that the vast majority of OBs are not qualified to comment
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:
J.R. wrote:
ActionMan wrote:No doubt everybody's aware that as part of the continuing programme of staff development there is an appraisal of the Headmaster being conducted. .
And why not OB's ??
You might think that he is a good ol' bean (or is it carrot-top?) but I suspect that the vast majority of OBs are not qualified to comment

I will then count myself in the minority.

OB's have always had a right to have a say in the School and it's way forward, David. Or is this another step towards dictatorship ?
DavidRawlins
Button Grecian

Post by DavidRawlins »

J.R. wrote: OB's have always had a right to have a say in the School and it's way forward, David. Or is this another step towards dictatorship ?
Yes
Col A 1946-1953
ActionMan
2nd Former

Post by ActionMan »

And why not OB's ??
Why not indeed JR? The name and address is available if you want it. Incidentally, the appraisal form itself asks for the name of the sender, gender and year group of child. Is this likely to encourage forthright replies....?
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

ActionMan wrote: Incidentally, the appraisal form itself asks for the name of the sender, gender and year group of child. Is this likely to encourage forthright replies....?
Yes, if you believe that the person collating the results will not reveal individual identities.

Yes, if you have the b@lls to stand behind your opinions.

Data analysts may justify the requirement for the information to ensure that they can demonstrate that the information was sourced from a 'normal' population of participants, and to look for any trends within parents of, for example, pupils within a particular year.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

staff can have their say if they wish to
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
ActionMan
2nd Former

Post by ActionMan »

Mrs C. wrote:staff can have their say if they wish to
Pleased to hear that Mrs. C. Can they do it anonymously? Any idea how many will be responding? There's no indication that the pupils are being asked though.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Maybe I'll consider it, then.

As far as having th b@lls ro stand by my comments.....

As a non-league football club administrator/committee member, I have to deal with 'stuff' from both the Football League AND the County F.A.

I'm sure that many of those people will confirm that JR has very big b@lls indeed.

Incidently, I have never hidden behind a nom de plume/alias and will alwys happily put my name to anything I write/propose !