David Elliott R.I.P.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

eloisec wrote:I would have thought Bob and the current bandmaster Terry Whittingham would have been the obvious coordinators.

seems to have gone very quiet though.
Bob S. would seem to be the ideal choice.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Someone needs to stick their hand up and organise dates, OBs, current musicians, venue etc. before places and people get booked up. Otherwise time will go on and it will die a death. No pun intended. Maybe there's not enough interest? Or maybe it's a bit soon? I don't know. It would be a shame to let it go though.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

cj wrote: Maybe there's not enough interest? Or maybe it's a bit soon? I don't know. It would be a shame to let it go though.
I wouldn't worry about that - there will be plenty of interest.

cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

Richard Ruck wrote:I wouldn't worry about that - there will be plenty of interest.
Good!

eloisec
Deputy Grecian

Post by eloisec »

cj wrote:Someone needs to stick their hand up and organise dates, OBs, current musicians, venue etc. before places and people get booked up. Otherwise time will go on and it will die a death. No pun intended. Maybe there's not enough interest? Or maybe it's a bit soon? I don't know. It would be a shame to let it go though.
I don't mind helping out at all, as I'm sure will other people. It is going to need a fair amount of organising, and as Richard says, it is early days.
Eloise Carpenter
Col.A 87-94
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

I would offer my services too - not very local to Sussex, but can do things over the phone/email etc.

Ash
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Ash »

That is so sad.. My interest in making music began with Mr Elliot and continues to this day.

I see Liz occasionally... My condolences go out to the whole family
MAINE A/B 1981 - 1986

BRING BACK BAKER
Toby Kibble
2nd Former

Dave Elliott RIP

Post by Toby Kibble »

I was only in the band briefly (75-77) sitting alongside Dick in the trombone section but my time in the band was far & away the best memories I have of school days - largely thanks to Dave & his wicked sense of humour. Even though I've had limited contact with him since I left, when dick told me the sad news, there was no question about attending his funeral & I am so glad I did. It is hard to imagine anyone having a better send off. Bob Sillett (my house tutor in Barnes A & firts Biology teacher) did a tremendous job in introducing the Eulogies. He did a fantastic one himself as did Dave's brother John, Mike Hutton who new Dave from the Marines & Head hunted him for the job at CH and Cath Daniels (an ex pupil of his). Only knowing Dave as my Band master & ex Marine, I was amazed to discover how much else he had achieved in his life and felt deeply priviliged to have been part of his life.
Although St Mary's was packed out, there were many many people who were unable to be there who would like an opportunity to pay their respects, so his family are hoping to hold a suitable tribute later in the year. Dick & I met up with Anne & Wendy last week to start making plans. Anne's not sure what would be the best format & if many would want to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have any views, are intouch with any other ex Bannsmen/women, please respond ASAP
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Toby, you should fill in your profile - as you're based in Exeter you might find a few friendly West-Country Old Blues dragging you out for a pint...

Also, Bannsmen are inhabitants of a particular area of Ulster, are they not? :wink:

Toby Kibble
2nd Former

Dave Elliott RIP

Post by Toby Kibble »

cj wrote:I would offer my services too - not very local to Sussex, but can do things over the phone/email etc.
Just noticed your address - I live in Exeter & am frequently driving to & from Horsham as my Eldest (Poppy) is at CH - in Barnes A (my old House where I first met Dick & Bob Sillett) If you'd ever like a lift, please don;t hesitate to ask - I'd be glad to help.
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

Toby - are you teaching in Exeter ?? - I think my daughter is teaching down there as well!!!!! Can't remember where tho...
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Rory wrote:Toby - are you teaching in Exeter ?? - I think my daughter is teaching down there as well!!!!! Can't remember where tho...
He doesn't teach any more - Toby flogs drugs for a living.....

Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

they shoot you for that over here
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Rory wrote:they shoot you for that over here
Toby's local constabulary have only got as far as challenging miscreants to a game of skittles.......

Fertii
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Fertii »

Richard Ruck wrote:
Rory wrote:they shoot you for that over here
Toby's local constabulary have only got as far as challenging miscreants to a game of skittles.......
Which Toby would one be referring too?