Fat women and babies - something to chew on...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Is it fair to exclude fat women from IVF?

Yes - lardy ladies should adopt instead
29%
No - they should be allowed the chance to have children
14%
I'm hungry - what was the question again?
10%
Fiona Bruce is nice
48%

Total votes: 21

Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Sorry to hear that, Hendrik.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Sorry to hear that Hendrik.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Our thoughts are with you Hendrik
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Same here, Hendrik, and I fully endorse everything you have written about the dreaded weed.

Case in point. A certain person was Chairman of our local community club a couple of summers ago, and after a very relaxing Bar-B-Que at home with a few spliffs, decided to call into the club. One of the Jack-The-Lad know it alls decided to button-hole him about all the problems of the club, making his points most vehemently.

Said Chairman, started giggling which made Jack-The-Lad get even louder and flay his arms around. The giggling became laughter. The laughter became shrieks of amusement with tears rolling down said person cheeks. Jack-The-Lad just had to give up and walk away never having seen said Chairman ever laugh so much.

One think puff DOESN'T do, is lead to violent behaviour like some of the alcoholic beverages on sale at £3-50 a pint !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

thankyou all, i feel guilty for using Dad as an example, as some people may not wish to contradict me on the above points because of it. feel free though, it wasn't my intention.

J.R.'s anecdote doesn't surprise me in the slightest. and in a way shows a down-side to weed, hysterical laughing can sometimes get in the way of serious conversation.

like i said in my previous post, i'm not gung-ho pro-cannabis, i just wanted to give some food for thought.

is it worth splitting out into another thread do you think?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Hendrik wrote:thankyou all, i feel guilty for using Dad as an example, as some people may not wish to contradict me on the above points because of it. feel free though, it wasn't my intention.

J.R.'s anecdote doesn't surprise me in the slightest. and in a way shows a down-side to weed, hysterical laughing can sometimes get in the way of serious conversation.

like i said in my previous post, i'm not gung-ho pro-cannabis, i just wanted to give some food for thought.
is it worth splitting out into another thread do you think?
Baked in a nice cookie, possibly ??
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I wouldn't mind some cookies - but I am trying to cut down my carbohydrate intake..... will stick to my cancer sticks....

oh no - I can feel a bashing comming my way!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

no bashing from me.

i recognise that any drug addiction is an illness, and should be treated as such. my sympathies are with you Jude. although it may well have been your own free choice that started you smoking, the 'cool-factor' is very definitely the industry's fault.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Hendrik wrote:no bashing from me.

i recognise that any drug addiction is an illness, and should be treated as such. my sympathies are with you Jude. although it may well have been your own free choice that started you smoking, the 'cool-factor' is very definitely the industry's fault.
I have given up lots of times - and stayed that way for a while - but I become a raging ant-smoker - like DBTS - and it also means I can't go to pubs etc... It is my only vice....
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Jude wrote:I have given up lots of times - and stayed that way for a while - but I become a raging ant-smoker - like DBTS - and it also means I can't go to pubs etc... It is my only vice....
admittedly, i have smoked many things, but never ants. partly as i am a vegetarian, but mostly as i was unaware of their nicotine content. would you recommend them?

as for the publicans, i must say i can see their viewpoint. i wouldn't let you into my pub if i knew you were a raging ant-smoker. bit controversial, like.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Jude wrote:

I have given up lots of times - and stayed that way for a while - but I become a raging ant-smoker - like DBTS - and it also means I can't go to pubs etc... It is my only vice....
How the hell did you manage to keep them inside the paper ?
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

J.R. wrote:
Jude wrote:

How the hell did you manage to keep them inside the paper ?
Stun them, one by one.
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
Rory
Deputy Grecian

Post by Rory »

Maybe we should start a new thread with a poll - red or black ants - which do you prefer smoking.

In the same way that you can spray insect poison over an ants' nest and a few ants will survive, although that doesn't prove the spray was harmless, because most of the ants will have died or become sick. Likewise with smoking. You can smoke several ants a day but there is no medical evidence that it is bad for your health. Indeed the nicotine content of the common garden ant is significantly less than a Malboro Light.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Rory wrote:Maybe we should start a new thread with a poll - red or black ants - which do you prefer smoking.
I'll ask Fiona if that's OK with her !
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

I'm SO glad you all had a good laugh at my speel mistake!

I meant (as you all well know) ANTI-SMOKING..

I hate ants - they bite.
:oops: :oops: :cry: :lol: 8)